Monday, September 2, 2013

My Oldest Is Clearly The Favorite Right Now

The unspoken rule of the road denotes that he who drives chooses the music. In our family, the loudly spoken rule denotes that she who sings the loudest ultimately chooses the music. My husband learned years ago that it's easier to block me out when I'm singing than it is when I'm whining- and so, it's rare that he stops on a song that I hate while we're driving. 

On our way home from supper tonight, this came on the radio. One of my favorite songs, by my all time favorite band. He knew better than to change it, so he just turned it up a little louder.

ME: (singing to the kids in the back seat) Now here you go again you say you want your freedom ... Well who am I to keep you down ...

MIA: Mommy! You sound JUST LIKE the lady singing! Seriously, I thought you were lip syncing until I heard you stop a little before she did!

ME: Yesssssss!

CHRIS: Mia, don't tell your mother things like that. You'll give her an even bigger head.

And this, friends, is how you decide which child you will take care of you when you're old and senile. Mia says Mommy sings like Stevie Nicks = I'll be her burden when I'm 85 and refusing to wear pants and/or teeth.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Look at you, leaving a comment on the ole blog! Awww!