Friday, January 4, 2013

I Saw Little Old Me

If I've said it once, I've said it a million times: I'm in my twenties, but I have the bones of an old lady. Arthritis - whatcha gonna do?!

To put it simply, I love elderly ladies. Whether they're sweet or grouchy, reserved or outspoken, they make me giddy from my head down to my toes! I wonder though, what'll life be like when I'm the little old lady? Will I be spry and active like Mrs. D? Will I be sassy and feisty like my own amazing grandma (who, by the way, has learned to text and lovingly called me a 'super queen bitch'  in a message last night)? WILL I BE ONE OF THOSE LADIES WHO GOES BALD?!!!!

Really, I'm not sure about any of it except I definitely plan to wear lots of leopard print, gaudy costume jewelry, and bright lipstick until the day they put me in the ground. Or, more realistically, the day they cremate me. I hear that's cheaper.

Imagine my delight when Jimmy and I spotted this absolutely fabulous specimen at Price Chopper the other day!


The sight of her in that ankle-length leopard-print coat stopped me dead in my tracks.

"Sweet Jesus... Am I looking at myself, age 80?!"

"Pretty sure you are! Quick! Take a picture!"

And take a picture, I did! It took everything I had in me to refrain from loading her groceries into her car myself and then giving her a big hug before bowing at her feet!

Then, like any creeper worth their spying eyes, I posted the photo to my Instagram.

Guess what? That fabulous little old lady is the mother-in-law of one of my besties, Shauna!

Now I'm just counting the days until I meet her face to face. It's going to happen and it's going to be epic.

Fingers crossed that we're BOTH wearing our leopard print that day!

*PS - Happy Friday!


4 comments:

  1. You will be a fabulously styling at that age too. You have such a keen fashion sense, it defines you. What a small world we live in....absolutely love that the woman you posted is related to someone you know. hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL thanks Mom! Shauna says she has a leopard print steering wheel cover to match the coat! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm more of a little old man connoisseur myself. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Marianne, there's nothing quite like a hug from a little old man! Unless he's a frisky one...

    ReplyDelete

Look at you, leaving a comment on the ole blog! Awww!