Saturday, December 15, 2012

A Short Goodbye


Our friend and neighbor, Jack, was lost this week in a car accident. He was a wonderful man and to say that we will all miss him would be a gross understatement.

I could write and write about how much he meant to our family, how good he was to my children, and how badly my heart breaks for his family and friends. I won't though - because if I do, he'll tease me endlessly when we meet again someday in the afterlife.

Instead, I'll leave it to this simple quote from the musical, Annie:

"How lucky I am, to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard?"

Very lucky indeed. 

3 comments:

  1. RIP Jack, we will miss you dearly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know him but he always hooked up the kids on Halloween......super size candy bar style. Super nice guy.

    -Rob

    ReplyDelete

Look at you, leaving a comment on the ole blog! Awww!