Sunday, January 8, 2012

Q & A With the Girls

It's really hard to come up with diverse subjects on days when you feel like absolutely nothing happens. We had one of those days today. I cleaned, the kids played without trying to kill anyone, nobody stopped by - just a plain old nice day.

I debated on whether or not I should write about the unGodly amount of laundry my family generates each week, but I know how bad that pisses me off. No reason for you to be all bent too, right?

Remember awhile back on Facebook, how everyone would pass around those questionnaires and tag people in them, so that they would have to answer the questions also? I decided to reread some of the ones I'd done, and I stumbled across one titled "Quotes From Mia". All of the questions on the list asked for her to describe her mommy in her own words. When I had posted the thing in 2009, Mia was 3 1/2 (the age Marlee is now) and Marlee would've been about 7 months old.
Mia and Marlee: Spring 2009
And now, for your reading pleasure, I've asked Mia and Marlee the same set of questions. They each came in separately so that they had to come up with their own unique answers, and I typed them in the girls' own words.

(Mia's answers from 2009 are listed right after the questions!)

1. What is something mom always says to you? "Be nice and be good, and have a smile"
MIA: Don't do stuff bad.
MARLEE: Um...don't say...bad words....

2. What makes mom happy? "Eatin good candy... I wanna eat some candy!"
MIA: When we do stuff that are good like cleaning our room and stuff like that.
MARLEE: I do! Fa yayayayaya (singing the last part)

3. What makes mom sad? "Um...backtalking?"
MIA: Um...I just don't know that one. I don't see you sad very much Mommy!
MARLEE: (fake crying) If you say "If you don't stop being bad, I wiw not get you a new toy!" Sure is a yot of questchins...

4. How does your mom make you laugh? "Tickling!"
MIA: Like when you dance! That's funny! (I've recently started snapping my fingers when I dance... like a mom...)
MARLEE: Yeah yike when you say "I'm gonna put my butt on Daddy's face!" (For the record: I've never said those words!)

5. What was your mom like as a child? "I know! You looked like cute!"
MIA: Marlee keeps trying to distract me! Marlee!!!! You had a Babysitter's Club Doll, I know...
MARLEE: Um yike a baby! You were yike a baby guurl!

6. How old is your mom? "I think 13 or somethin. Or 12?"
MIA: However old you are - that's how old you are.
MARLEE: Yet me count: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 - YOU ARE 10!

7. How tall is your mom? "Taller than a big giant or Daddy!"
MIA: Verrrry tall. Twenty inches sounds right.
MARLEE: Now yet me see your hand...WHOA! You're dat tall!

8. What is her favorite thing to do? "Work!"
MIA: I would say...post on your blog. A LOT...
MARLEE: Um, yook at toys for moms and dads. And for kids.

9. What does your mom do when you're not around? "You stay out at the living room."
MIA: When I'm at school, you go to work. When I'm sleeping I guess watch your favorite TV shows on TV. I don't even know what your favorite show is because I'm sleeping, Mommy!
MARLEE: Watching TV. Phineas & Ferb. Jyust Phineas & Ferb.

10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for? "You'll be so happy and like Hello Kitty."
MIA: Because you would... have the world's greatest house?
MARLEE: Exercise!

11. What is your mom really good at? "To hug me and kiss me! Oh! And to watch cartoons together!"
MIA: Keeping us like um uh in case we get in trouble, you will put us in time out or somethin'.
MARLEE: Um...Yet me tink....so.... counting numbers!

12. What is your mom not very good at? "Bad at... like putting mushrooms on something..."
MIA: I would say you wouldn't be very good at making foam pictures like me in just one day.
MARLEE: Exercising...(shaking her head)

13. What does your mom do for her job? "To work on things like papers."
MIA: Go on the computer a lot - probably until it's time to come home. (Does she have spy-vision or what?!)
MARLEE: To do da yaundry and go to see Price Choppa and to da police office!

14. What is your mom's favorite food? "Chicken! Roasted ones!"
MIA: Um, Taco Bell? I say that because you like tacos I know.
MARLEE: Corn on da cob (I'm allergic to corn actually, so ... no.)

15. What makes you proud of your mom? "When you clean my room!"
MIA: I feel proud of you because you're nice!
MARLEE: Cweaning up my room because I'm a big guurl!

16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be? "Barbie the movie character!"
MIA: Well, you're nice and pretty and polite, so I say Cinderella. You don't look like her much, but you're polite and pretty. And nice.
MARLEE: Izzy! Yike Jake & da Nevayand Piwates but I wanna be da same ting. Will you be Cubby?

17.What is your favorite thing Mommy cooks for dinner? "Shrimp!"
MIA: I would say the mashed potatoes and gravy you make. It always has a lot of gravy on it and I like gravy on my mashed potatoes.
MARLEE: Steak! Hey how 'bout cookies?!

18. How are you and your mom the same? "Because we have brown eyes!"
MIA: We both have brown eyes and we both watch 'Project Runway' together when it's our night!
MARLEE: We yike ta watch 'Bones' and making chocolate milk!

19. How are you and your mom different? "Colors and shapes..."
MIA: You're big and I'm small.
MARLEE: I'm jyust a yitta gurrl!

20. How do you know your mom loves you? "Um, because I like food. Food is my very good thing to eat. I like MEAT!"
MIA:Because! Everything you do for me...you take care of me and stuff, and that's really nice so I know you love me! (Tough job, but someone's got to do it!)
MARLEE: When you say "Hey Maryee! I'm gonna give you a kiss!"

22. Where is your mom's favorite place to go? "At Walmart!"
MIA: Um, almost everywhere because life could be an adventure to you!
MARLEE: To go to work! (Because they pay me to come to work!)

Mia and Marlee: Winter 2011

They're kind of adorable. I think I'll hold off on selling them to the circus for awhile longer....

*****

Fortune Cookie Change Purse by Hoshii Designs
Guess what my girls are getting as part of their Valentine's Day gift? Ok...don't guess. They're each getting one of these change purses. I've been obsessing over them since Deborah with Hoshii Designs contacted me about an ad spot on the ole blog. Adorable!

Hoshii Designs is another amazing company based in Canada, eh! Hoshii is Japanese for wanted, wished for, in need of, desired. Mz Deborah, creative mind behind Hoshii Designs, comes from a long line of female artists and creates products based on traditional Japanese art forms (origami, silk work, applique) but puts a modern twist on them using materials like re purposed felt, vinyl,  and wool.

Clockwise from top left: Felt & Muslin Necklace $24, Felt Handled Clutch $38, Thin Wool Clutch $40, Woven Wool Wristlet $40.
The Hoshii shop on Etsy boasts jewelry, apparel, bags, and accessories and accepts inquiries for custom pieces. 

I've featured only a small selection on the blog tonight because I really want you all to view everything Hoshii Designs has in store. 

Want to buy one of the awesome bags but worried about having room for your winter scarf if you get the clutch? You might be interested in this. Take it off, fold it in half, and it fits right into your coat pocket. Got on a dress coat but afraid that your fleece scarf will look sloppy (and it will, trust me, a total stranger) with the diamond earrings? Love this one; so feminine.

Looking for a gender neutral gift for the expectant mother? Buy a case of diapers and wrap in brown craft paper. Now get a gift card to Babies 'R Us and put it in this little cutie. Wrap a long piece of twine or raffia around the wrapped diapers and attach the gift card to the top. It's the perfect size for Mommy to toss into the diaper bag so she doesn't have to dig for pacifiers.

Look for more featured items from Hoshii Designs in the upcoming weeks, and don't forget to check out the Hoshii Facebook Page for more photos and information on discount promotions!

*****
Well friends, I need to go make my husband feel like the most important person in the house. "I kind of hate you doing your blog every single night..." Yeah, because it's totally different with me writing every night where before I was only reading on the computer every night. 

Poor fella, I need to go smooch on him! (Hello Resolution that I'm trying my hardest to follow!)

Sayonara.


4 comments:

  1. another hilarious post...I see several things you need to explain...like why you spend time at the police station? hahaha!

    I'm also quite pleased that you are polite, pretty & nice!

    My favorite is that you know snap your fingers when you dance....hmmm I remember a certain little girl telling her Mommy "don't dance like that it's embarrassing" Oh how I love it when history starts repeating itself....

    xoxo ~ Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! By the way, I think I might steal this idea and do it with my own kids! It's a compliment to your awesomeness though, in addition to petty thievery...promise:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent post.. out of the mouths of babes! :D

    ReplyDelete

Look at you, leaving a comment on the ole blog! Awww!