Wednesday, September 28, 2011

In My Room

When Mia's dad (or Uncle TyTy as my other kids call him) and I bought this house in October 2004  it was in rough shape. It needed new carpet, new paint, and a whole lot of TLC, but its 2 bedrooms and one bathroom had potential for our little family. Two adults, a baby on the way, a puppy and a kitten and had plenty of room to grow - or at least it would make a great starter house.


Fast forward 7 years: Chris, myself, 3 kids, 1 cat, and one idiot dog all smooshed together in the same 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom house. The carpets need to be replaced again. We're slowly, but surely repainting rooms. We've fixed the fence in the back yard with zip ties multiple times. No, I'm not kidding. 

Sure, we could move, but then I wouldn't be able to say fun things like "Why can't I ever have anything nice?" and "Maybe it'll just catch on fire when nobody's home?" Plus we like the neighborhood, so like any responsible parents, our own comfort takes precedence over the comfort of our three children.

The girls share a bedroom out of necessity, and share a bed because they enjoy it. Take a bedroom the size of a Prius and add in a full size bed. Now add a dresser. Now add a Barbie Dream House. Now imagine that Toys 'R Us exploded and it rained toys all over. Yep, add that too and some dirty clothes and some clean clothes that Mommy hasn't felt like putting away... since maybe...August?

Sounds magical, doesn't it? This is a taste of what it looks like:

I found a few interesting things online today. One was this. Click it. You know you wanna...

The other was this. Take the time to click through each of the photos and read the captions that accompany them. Beautiful, heartbreaking, funny, shocking, innocent, and real. 

Just like two girls I know.


When I'm worried and I can't sleep
I count my blessings instead of sheep
And I fall asleep, counting my blessings

3 comments:

  1. Another masterpiece Jen! I've read the second article before. Amazing isn't it?!?! Truly makes you appreciate... and just look at those beautiful smiles on your girls' faces? What's not to love?!?!?

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always lure me in, make me laugh and bring me to tears......I love your blog as much as I love you. ~ Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. very good jennifer i have enjoyed reading i find it amazing that even though we are 30+ apart in age how somethings remain timeless being a wife a mother the daily chores shopping cleaning never enough time keep up the excellent writing and just a word of advice never pass up a moment to soon the kids are grown and you find yourself thinking where did the time go!!

    ReplyDelete

Look at you, leaving a comment on the ole blog! Awww!